Raw, adjective: 7. brutally or grossly frank: a raw portrayal of human passions.
Music matters. We know this.
The rhythm of a strong asana practice mirrors the rhythm of a heartbeat, a metronome, the breath. So what better way to bid sayonara to the old year and ring in the new than by jamming out and getting your sweat on for a good cause?
Join me at Flying Yoga for a special New Year's Eve Candlelight Jam session, Sat night Dec. 31st. It's donation-based, which means: hey, cool, pay what you can. We'll start at 5, just after twilight, when the studio's gotten all twinkly. We'll rock and sweat and breathe and jam and wring out the last year, bhakti-style, on behalf of a few kids who deserve to rock, too, and then send you out the door in time to get your party on, or to go home and crochet.
Either way, you win.
And so do the aspiring rocker grrls at Bay Area Girls Rock Camp. Because we're going to donate the profits to them. How can you not love these little goddesses?
So come on out. Because, really, what's more countercultural than saying:
1. You are not your car. You are not your salary. You are not your clothes. You are not your Hanumanasana.That's yoga. That's anti-establishment. That's rock. So bring your passion and your breath, wear some black sequins, get ready to wave adios to 2011, throw in a little head-banging and a lot of chaturangas, and there you go.
2. Drop the masks. Be dangerously real.
3. Question reality. Question the scripts. Question your patterns. Question your mind.
4. You're brand new in every breath, every day, every practice.
5. Hey, you already have everything you need.
See you on the 31st.
Bay Area Girls Rock Camp
Rachel Meyer Yoga
Official Facebook Invitation