Raw, adjective: 9. disagreeably damp and chilly, as the weather or air
You know you're in Nebraska when...
* A take-no-prisoners prairie blizzard wallops you, trapping your pansy NorCal ass in your childhood home. For three days. With your mother. And no hard liquor. 'Nuff said.
* The airport shuttle driver boasts that "the heater's up so high we could hatch chickens in here!" Not ironically.
* You eat more starch in three days than you have in the last year.
* 90% of the bodies at the snowed-in Omaha airport are sporting red and white football paraphernalia
* The local news headlines are dominated by a college bowl game that is FIVE. DAYS. AWAY.
* There are conservative letters to the editor in the Op-Ed section (what?!)
* Letterman comes on at 10:30 (weird!)
* You don't walk anywhere (other than up and down the stairs) for days on end
* People speak... soooo... slooooooowlyyyyy.... but, then, they're all so goddamned nice...
Never been so glad to get my feet on hallowed SF ground as I was on landing circa 2 am today. (Almost as glad as I was when that bartender at O'Hare brought over my hard-earned dirty martini between flights.) Blessed Bay Area bubble. Sushi? Sunshine? Sweet.