Raw, adjective: 1. uncooked, as articles of food: a raw carrot.
Oh, man. Crazy about blackberries this week. I've been eating half a pint a day.
Did you know:
* They're a member of the rose family (along with other bramble fruits like raspberries)
* They prevent cancer - by inhibiting metalloproteinase enzymes (whew)
* They're the highest berry in antioxidant phytonutrients - much moreso than strawberries, raspberries or blueberries
* That they're red when they're green - meaning, when they're unripe
* They're full of mad fiber, vitamin C, vitamin K, and manganese
Totally a stepsister to blue- and rasp-, which get all the attention, but a sleeper hit, for sure. And so delicious.
Blackberries are divine fruit of the vine (SF Gate)